Aryl Phosphinic Acid Derivatives: Benzene Phosphinic Acid
SMC Global is a producer of several organophosphorus derivatives including aryl phosphinic acid derivative Benzene Phosphinic Acid (BPA). Aryl phosphinic acids are compounds which are useful as catalysts and stabilizers in nylon synthesis and are also useful as intermediates in the production of a wide variety of useful compositions, such as pesticides, fuel and oil additives and the like. Special Materials Company manufactures aryl phosphinic acid derivatives in its fully owned Yancheng, Jiangsu, China production plant with a quality ready to meet or exceed your requirements or specifications.
Special Materials Company aryl phosphinic acid derivatives have a great potential for industrial uses as building blocks for a variety of niche industrial applications such as catalysts and intermediates in the fields of high performance polymers, yarn production, metal recovery, and corrosion protection in metalworking ﬂuids, dispersants, and lubricity of high-temperature greases.
In addition to the new aryl Phosphinic Acid derivatives expansion production, the Yancheng site manufactures phosphorous based flame retardants.
SMC Global (SMC) is also one of o the world’s largest producers and marketers of other well-known organophosphorus chemistries such as sodium hypophosphite (SHP), hypophosphorus acid (HPA), and phosphonium salts – Tetrakis (hydroxymethyl) phosphonium sulfate (THPS) and Tetrakis (hydroxymethyl) phosphonium chloride (THPC).
Uses of Benzene Phosphinic Acid
- As a polyamide catalyst it improves nylon fiber tensile strength, UV color stability and dye-ability.
- As a reducing agent in redox-catalyzed polymerization.
- As a promoter of free radicals and organic peroxide catalysts in polymerization process
- As emulsion polymerization of olefin, methyl methacrylate, ethyl acrylate, and N-methyl acrylamide.
- As a promoter in polyester resin curing
- As a general antioxidant and a color, light and heat stabilizer for polymers especially polyamides
- As an intermediate to form non-ferrous metals used as polymer stabilizers.
SMC also sources other products for customers at their request. Contact us to help you with technical advice, product sourcing, and superior products